Monday, August 29, 2011

Moscow Mule

















On Friday, A and I joined our friends at Anvil Bar & Refuge to indulge in a few specialty cocktails.  I asked the bartender to recreate the Moscow Mule I had in Chicago earlier this month.  He mixed together vodka, homemade ginger beer and lime juice.  It was fabulous!  It was a perfect way to beat the 100+ degree heat we have experienced the past few months.  A, had the sole porter on tap, but it was a bit too smoky for our liking.  I would not recommend it.  After going home to check on Shorty we reconvened with our friends at Block 7 Wine Co.  Our table ordered burgers and pizza, which was just OK but the best part of the meal was the delicious bread pudding with extra caramel sauce.  I would go back for that dessert!

No comments:

Post a Comment